- In an effort to provide a safe, family-friendly environment, the following items are prohibited from being sold:
- Alcohol (including beer)
- Cigarettes/tobacco/vape products
- CBD/CBD products must be cleared/okayed by Triple Bee Flea Market prior to selling
- Guns and/or ammunition
- Fireworks, explosives, anything flammable, any noxious items, or any other hazardous materials
- Blowguns, throwing stars, or any other weapons
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Pornographic/obscene material (movies, magazines, etc.)
- Counterfeit merchandise
- Live animals
- Games of chance or skill, and/or lotteries
- If you will be selling certain food items (i.e., salsa, homemade breads, jams, jellies, honey, etc.), you are required to complete the Cottage Food Law Training – Online Course. For more information about the Cottage Food Law, please visit these links: https://foodsystems.unl.edu/cottage-food-law and https://nda.nebraska.gov/fscp/foods/cottagefood.html. Some food vendors may be required to complete the Safe Serv Food Safety Training. For questions and/or information about Food Safety Training, please contact Brenda Aufdenkamp at (308) 532-2683, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the state Food Inspector at (402) 471-3422 for more information about which certifications you may need. Please provide a copy of your certification(s) to Triple Bee Flea Market as soon as possible.
- All vendors must maintain their displays within their assigned space, and all canopies/tarps must be properly secured without damaging the pavement. Any injuries or damage caused by canopies, tarps or displays is the responsibility of the vendor.
- No early tear-downs are allowed without express permission from Triple Bee Flea Market. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of Triple Bee Flea Market (for example, if a vendor sells out of their product(s) early). If a vendor believes they might sell out and will need to leave early, please let Lena or Hope know prior to setting up for the day.
- For the safety of vendors and shoppers, no roller skates, skateboards, bicycles or scooters are to be operated in the flea market area (wheelchairs and motorized scooters are an exception).
- No pets are allowed at the flea market; registered service animals are allowed. Per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): “Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.” For more information about service animals, you can visit the ADA’s website at: https://www.ada.gov/resources/service-animals-2010-requirements/ – how-service-animal-is-defined
- All generators must be clean and quiet so as not to disturb other vendors and shoppers.
- No smoking/vaping is allowed within 20 feet of vendor booths; this includes no smoking/vaping within vendor booths. Any violations will result in eviction from the flea market.
- All vendors must remove their own trash at the end of each flea market.
- All vendors are responsible for their own merchandise, displays, equipment, their actions, and the actions of their employees/help. Vendors must maintain control of their children at all times.
- All vendors and their employees/help must refrain from using foul language during the flea market.
- Vendors must comply with all applicable city, county, state and federal laws.
- No vehicles or trailers shall be parked within the flea market area during operating hours. If it’s necessary for a vendor to have their vehicle or trailer within the flea market area, extra booth space will be charged accordingly. Vendor parking will be available along Poplar Street, or in the parking lot at 600 East Francis, after unloading. (See Additional Info below for instructions on unloading & loading.)
- No overnight parking is allowed. Any vehicles found left overnight are subject to towing.
- Walking sales, drawings, surveys, raffles, political material, religious material, petitions, and/or opinion polls are not allowed without the express permission of Triple Bee Flea Market.
- All radios, etc. must be kept at a low volume. Failure to comply may result in eviction from the flea market.
- Vendors selling car parts, lawn mowers, engines, etc. (i.e., anything that might leak fluids) must place a tarp or plastic on the ground, under the items, to prevent possible damage to the pavement. Additionally, a refundable deposit of $25 will be required for vendors selling these types of items. As long as there is no damage or fluids on the pavement, the $25 deposit will be returned to the vendor at the end of the day.
Vendor Booths: A vendor booth is a 10’x10’ area (approximately 1 parking space). Vendors will need to check-in with Lena or Hope before unloading and setting up.
Set-up & Teardown: Vendors can begin setting up at 7:00 a.m. every Saturday. The flea market begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 2:00 p.m. All vendors must be cleared out of the parking lot by 3:00 p.m.
Unloading & Loading: As soon as you are finished unloading your vehicle and/or trailer, please move your vehicle(s) to the appropriate parking lot (along Poplar Street, or at 600 East Francis) so other vendors can have access as well. Do not leave your vehicle in the flea market area while you are setting up and/or tearing down.
Taxes: Vendors are responsible for collecting their own sales tax, if applicable. This includes city and state taxes. Effective April 1, 2023, the new sales tax rate is 7.5%.
Restrooms: Restrooms are available inside of Salvation Army for vendors only. As a “thank you” to the Salvation Army, we ask that donations be made to their red kettle. (This does not mean leaving a donation each time you use their restroom.)
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be issued for any cancellations.
Three-Strike Policy: Triple Bee Flea Market has a “three-strike policy” for any violations to these rules and regulations – 1st Strike will be a verbal warning; 2nd Strike will be a written warning; 3rd Strike will result in eviction from the flea market. Additionally, Triple Bee Flea Market reserves the right to refuse any vendors, at their discretion.
Vendor Responsibilities: Theft, loss, or damage to merchandise, displays, etc. shall be the sole responsibility of the vendor. Please do not leave your booth unattended.
Triple Bee Flea Market Contacts:
Lena Cardenas (308) 660-5077
Hope Rumery (308) 660-8004
Click here to download/print a copy of the above Rules and Regulations.